Giving the Long Island Tea a run for its money, this spinoff is potent enough to make you go tipsy. Here’s everything you need to know about the AMF Cocktail and how to make it.
What is the AMF Cocktail?
A cool blue drink that reminds you of the blue waters in Cancun, the AMF Drink is a variant of the Long Island Iced Tea that might make you hold on to the furniture.
It was invented in the 1980s but became popular nearly two decades later. This drink is one that will definitely get the party started!
To make the Adios MF drink, simply add all the alcohol to a highball glass and mix well. Add ice and top up with Sprite or 7Up. Garnish with lemon wedges or brandied cherries and serve.
What’s the difference between the Long Island Iced Tea and the Adios MF cocktail?
The five spirits used in the AMF drink are similar to the LIIT. However, the difference lies in the mixers. LIIT usually uses Coca-Cola and triple sec liqueur, while the AMF cocktail uses 7Up or Sprite with blue curacao.
Pointers For Making AMF Cocktail
- You can use store-bought sweet and sour mix.
- Read about the history of curacao here.
- If the young ones get jealous of your electric blue drink, buy a bottle of non-alcoholic curacao syrup and mix that with &Up for them.
- If you don’t have highball glasses (some versions might have thicker glass parts), use tall cocktail glasses.
- You can make a large batch of the base alcoholic drink and store it in a bottle for easier pouring.
FAQs about the AMF Cocktail
Why is it called an AMF Cocktail?
Simply because it’s stronger than most other cocktails with over 75 ml of alcohol in one drink, and will have you buzzing.
One story is that when it first came out in the 1980s, it was the norm to give cocktails shocking names. Bartenders would say adios motherf***** while handing it over to the person who ordered it. It’s a really potent drink that required a nasty name.
What are the other names for the AMF Drink?
The AMF drink is also called Blue Long Island Iced Tea, Blue Motorcycle, Blue M***** F******, the AMF, Blue Motherfucker, and Walk Me Down Drink.
What is a sweet and sour mix?
The sweet and sour mix is a syrup made by mixing equal parts lemon juice, water, and sugar. You can either make it at home or use store-bought sweet and sour mix.
- 1/2 ounce Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Rum
- 1/2 ounce Tequila
- 1/2 ounce Gin
- 1/2 ounce Blue Curaçao
- 2 ounces Sweet and Sour Mix
- Sprite or 7Up to top
- Pour the vodka, rum, tequila, gin, blue curaçao and sweet-and-sour mix into a highball glass with ice and stir.
- Top with Sprite or 7Up.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and preserved cherry, if desired.
*Sweet-and-sour mix: Mix 1 part sugar with 1 part water. Add fresh lime and/or lemon juice to taste.