Wściekły Pies or Polish Mad Dog Shot is a popular cocktail with a dash of wildness and a touch of sweetness. Made from three ingredients, this hot shot will be ready in a minute!
First created in the West Pomeranian city of Szczecin, this cocktail is popular across Poland. Usually consumed in a single gulp, it consists of hot Tabasco sauce, sweet raspberry syrup, and vodka on top.
Some versions of the drink also replace the vodka with rum or tequila, but it’s rare. The clear color of vodka is meant to resemble the Polish flag.
Recipe Pointers For Polish Mad Dog Shot
- It’s better to pour the syrup into the shot glass first and add the vodka on top.
- You can skip the Tabasco sauce if you wish.
- Do not use raspberry juice. Make sure you use raspberry syrup or concentrate.
- This drink can also be made with blackcurrant syrup.
- For a smoother shot, chill the vodka before use.
FAQs about Polish Mad Dog Shot
What are the other names of Mad Dog?
Mad Dog Shot is also called Rabid Dog Shot or Wściekły Pies.
Which raspberry syrup should I use?
You can use any raspberry syrup, but make sure it’s a syrup or concentrate and not a raspberry juice.
What is the difference between the Polish Mad Dog and the Teraz Polska?
The Polish Mad Dog shot is made of vodka, raspberry syrup and tabasco sauce, while the Teraz Polska or Now Poland is made of only vodka and raspberry syrup. The clear vodka on top and the raspberry syrup at the bottom is supposed to represent the Polish flag.
- 1/3 of raspberry syrup
- 2/3 shot of vodka
- 3 drops of tabasco
- Pour raspberry syrup into a chilled shot glass.
- Drop a few drops of Tabasco sauce on top of it.
- Fill the glass with vodka, all the way to the top.